As we enter this new decade with confident assurance, let us give thanks to God for the opportunities that He has prepared and laid in store for us. The Lord has gone ahead of us; we will keep our ears and eyes on Him every step of the way as we consecrate ourselves unto Him and the journey before us. Each of these days shall be an opportunity for fellowship and growth. We will fulfill all that is written concerning us!
The Lord is with us!
I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.
Isaiah 22:22 (NIV)
1. Bless the New Year - Take time to speak into each month in advance and declare that it will conform to God’s will and design. Proclaim God’s will be done. Speak to the gate of time to open for the King of Glory. Expect this season to be the best so far.
Eccl 7:8, Psa 24:7-10, Psa 31:15, Eccl 3:1-9
2. Obey - Obedience is better than sacrifice. Decide and declare that you will obey the Lord and walk in all the ways he has commanded you. You will not harden your heart. Heed to His call and surrender all to Him. Declare that you will put your trust in Him for He who has called you is faithful. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill, guide and direct you in your walk with the Lord as an obedient disciple.
Jer 7: 23, John 14:15; John 14: 6, Prov 3:5-6
3. Evangelize - Desire to win souls for the Lord. Activate His word with the power and authority He has placed in you for discipleship to preach about the kingdom.
Matt 4:9, Luke 9:23-25, Luke 9:1-2, Matt 28:19-20, John 14:6.
4. Make disciples – Disciples make disciples. Be an active witness. Ask the Lord to help you make His name known wherever He places you. Seek opportunities to spread the message of salvation. Ask the Lord for grace to also minister to and strengthen other believers in the way of the Lord.
Acts 1:8; Luke 9:1-2; Luke 10:1-2; Matthew 28:18-20; Titus 2:3-5
5. Destiny - Pray and ask for the divine favor, blessings, directions and protection for this new decade . Proclaim and declare that whatever He has said and written concerning you, your family, House of Worship and your community comes to pass. Place a demand on His restorative pattern to establish us on the path of our destiny.
Gen 39:20-21, Jer 32:41-42, Jer 29:11, Isaiah 55:11, Pro 3:6, Dan 6:18-28.
6. Develop/Build your relationship with God – Spend time in His Word; Renew your mind. Spend time in prayer. Wait on Him. Ask God for grace to seek Him daily in His word and in prayer so that our lives are in sync with Him.
Ps 1:2; Rom12:12; Rom 12:1-2; Col 3:1-3; Josh 1:8; Luke 18:1; Isa 40:31; Ps 37:3-4; Pro 3:5-6; 2 Tim 2:15;
7. Be Christlike. Walk in the Spirit. Bear fruit – As believers we need to be Christlike in everything we do. Ask the Lord for grace to be Christlike, to walk with the Holy Spirit and to bear fruit that glorifies His name.
Matt 5:16; Gal 5:22-23; Eph 5:1-2, Eph 4:22-24, 1 Cor 11:1; John 13:34-35; Titus 2:11-14
8. Seek Direction - Ask the Holy Spirit to show you the areas of self disciplines, self improvement or education you have to look forward to. Ask that your eyes and ears be opened to the sources and teachers you must embrace. Pro.12:1, Eccl 10:10
Repent - Repent of thoughts, ways and behaviors that are contrary to God’s expectation of you. Ask the Holy Spirit to search you for what may be unknown to you.
Ps 139:23-24, Matt 4:17, Rom 12:1-3, Hosea 14:1-2
9. Know His Will - Pray asking for guidance and direction leaning on your covenant relationship you have with the Lord. Ask with understanding knowing the Lord has plans for us and with us to accomplish His will and desire.
Jos 3:4, Matt 7:7, Jer 29:11-13
10. Gates - Pray opening doors the Lord has opened and closing those that He has closed, determine to walk into opened ones and walk away from the closed ones. Proclaim you will not miss either opportunity. Assign to this decade what the Lord puts into your heart and mouth.
Isa 22:22, Rev 3:8, Lam3:37, Psa 110:3, Job 38:12
11. Proclaim Prophecies - Using 1Kings3:7-9 as cue, take to the throne of God your promises, prophecies or inheritance requests. Place them before the Lord with the expectation to see and experience their fulfillment. Pray like your life depends on it.
Heb 4:16, Heb 11:6, John 15:5-8
12. Weaponize Peace - Call on the peace of God to fight for your. Tell the peace of God to crush Satan, to rule over your life and to guard the affairs of your life.
Matt 10:13, Rom 16:20, Phil 4:7, Col 3:15, Gal 5:22-23
FASTING GUIDE LINE
During this fast:
- 1. Be intentional about drawing closer to the Lord and seeking Him through His word. His word speaks the truth, empowers us and gives us hope.
- 2. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you study the precious truths given to you. Pay attention to the scripture and meditate on it day and night and it will do you good.
- 3. Receive both logos words and rhema words from the Lord as you fast and study the word.
- 4. Spend time magnifying the Lord with thanksgiving and songs of gratitude.
- 5. Rehearse your promises and prophecies daily.
- 6. Look out for those who you are to share the gospel with. Encourage them in the things of the kingdom.
- 7. Be intentional about your walk with the Lord. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you. Listen to Him and let him work through you. Write down the things He says to you.
- 8. During this fast believe God for any issue you are dealing with. Find a scripture that you can stand on to deal with every issue.
9. Drink water during your hours of fasting, especially if you are working.