The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein.
For He has founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters.
Ps 24:1-2 NKJV
Meditate on Psalm 91 & Psalm 46
- Pray for Protection - God is our Protector
God is the one who protects us, as we abide in His presence. Ask the Lord to protect you and your loved ones, your community, your region, your country and nations. Ask the Lord to protect our health care system workers – from doctors to janitors. Ask the Lord to protect all other workers who are serving us – grocery, food truck drivers, ship crew, airline crew, and many more.
Ps 91; Zech 2:5; Ps 3:3; Ps 121:7-8
- Pray for Healing – God is our Healer.
Jesus is our Great Physician. Jesus bore our sins in His body and our tree. Only Jesus is able to heal the diseases of the soul and of the body. Pray and make a demand on the atoning blood and healing blood of Jesus. Declare that by His stripes we are healed. Pray for those who have been affected by Covid-19. Pray for the elderly, those with underlying conditions, and pray that they will experience the healing power of Jesus. Ask the Lord for strength – our immune systems, minds, bodies, etc.
Exo 15:22-26; Is 53:4-5; Acts 10:38; Ps 127:1-2; Rom 8:11
- Pray for Peace – The Lord is our Peace.
Jesus is the Prince of Peace who made peace for us through the blood on the cross. Our peace in Him is measured by our ability to keep trusting Him and by our sanctification. Peace depends on trust and obedience. Pray and declare that you are at peace. Declare peace over home, environment, your city, community, nation and nations around the world.
Is 26:3-4; Ps 85:8; Judges 6:22-24; Phil 4:7-9; Col 1:20; Col 3:15; Ps 119:165; Jn 14:27; Ps 46:104
- Pray for an End to Covid-19 – The Lord is our Deliverer
Pray that this virus will come to an end. Declare that it will be contained. Declare that this virus will be stopped in its tracts. Pray for insights and wisdom on how to arrest it in Jesus’ name.
Ps 107:6; 2 Sam24:16; Ps 46:9; Phil 2:9-11
- Pray for Wisdom – The Lord Gives Wisdom
The wisdom that comes from God is pure, peaceable and bears good fruit. He has promised to give generously to anyone who asks Him. Let us ask God to give our leaders wisdom in this season. Wisdom for the president, his cabinet, congress, CDC, WHO, governments across the globe, especially those hit hard. Wisdom for scientists, researchers, healthcare, etc…
James 1:5; James 3:17; Job12:12-13; Prov 2:6; Col 2:3
- Pray for Provision/Resources – The Lord is our Provider
Pray and ask God for needed resources for the hospitals, for individuals, families that are need, and some that have fallen on hard times during this pandemic.
Gen 22:8-14; Matt 7:7-8; Ps 145:15; John 16:24; Matt 7:11; Rom 8:32
- Pray that the Body of Christ will stand and expand.
We declare that (a) The Church of Christ will stand strong and even expand. (b) The world will know Him (c) The church will be fortress for many. (d) The world will look to the Church of Christ for direction, counsel and guidance. (e) The church will be marked by signs and wonders. (f) The needs of the Church will be met.
- Pray for Faith. Pray against fear, anxiety and panic.
God has not given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. We invoke His word concerning us. Pray and declare Ps 46 over you and your family, the communities, and the nations around the world.
Ps 46:10; Ps 27:13-14; Is 26:3-4; 1 Thess 5:8-9
- Pray for Good News & accurate information. Pray against misinformation, false prophecies and psychic manifestations.
Pray against false information that confuses people and tears people apart. Pray that the Good News of Christ shall be spread far and near.
2Tim 4:3-4; 1 John 4:1, 1Cor 14:33, Jer 14:14
- Pray and take hold of God’s Promises
Proclaim and declare the promises of God over your life. Take hold of His promises. Take to the throne of God your promises, prophecies or inheritance requests. Place them before the Lord with the expectation to see and experience their fulfillment.
Is 3:10, Exodus 23:25; Jer 33:3, Heb 4:14 -16; Ps 23
- Pray that you will grow in the Lord
In this season, determine that you will spend more time in the word, in prayer, and you will wait on Him. Ask for grace to daily dwell in His presence
Ps 1:2; Rom 12:1-2; Josh 1:8; Luke 18:1; Isa 40:31; 2 Tim 2:15; John 15:7-8; Ps 34:10; Ps 27:11
- Pray for opportunities in this season
Pray that we would think differently in this pandemic. Ask the Lord for new and creative ideas. For new ways of being effective and efficient. Ask the Lord for ways to grow, expand and explode in an area He has given to us.
Gen 26:12; Dan 11:32b; James 1:5; John16:24
- Pray for God’s Presence & Grace in this new normal
Pray for families at home, marriages, students to be strengthened, to bond and to grow together in these uncertain times. Pray for the seven spheres of influence – the Church, Families, Educational system, Media, Government, Media, Arts & Entertainment, and Business. Ask the Holy Spirit of God to infiltrate all these spheres.
Deut 6:5-9; Matt 16:18; Eph 3:14-16; 1Tim 2:1-3; Ps19:14
The Lord is with us!
I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.
Isaiah 22:22 (NIV)
1. Bless the New Year - Take time to speak into each month in advance and declare that it will conform to God’s will and design. Proclaim God’s will be done. Speak to the gate of time to open for the King of Glory. Expect this season to be the best so far.
Eccl 7:8, Psa 24:7-10, Psa 31:15, Eccl 3:1-9
2. Obey - Obedience is better than sacrifice. Decide and declare that you will obey the Lord and walk in all the ways he has commanded you. You will not harden your heart. Heed to His call and surrender all to Him. Declare that you will put your trust in Him for He who has called you is faithful. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill, guide and direct you in your walk with the Lord as an obedient disciple.
Jer 7: 23, John 14:15; John 14: 6, Prov 3:5-6
3. Evangelize - Desire to win souls for the Lord. Activate His word with the power and authority He has placed in you for discipleship to preach about the kingdom.
Matt 4:9, Luke 9:23-25, Luke 9:1-2, Matt 28:19-20, John 14:6.
4. Make disciples – Disciples make disciples. Be an active witness. Ask the Lord to help you make His name known wherever He places you. Seek opportunities to spread the message of salvation. Ask the Lord for grace to also minister to and strengthen other believers in the way of the Lord.
Acts 1:8; Luke 9:1-2; Luke 10:1-2; Matthew 28:18-20; Titus 2:3-5
5. Destiny - Pray and ask for the divine favor, blessings, directions and protection for this new decade . Proclaim and declare that whatever He has said and written concerning you, your family, House of Worship and your community comes to pass. Place a demand on His restorative pattern to establish us on the path of our destiny.
Gen 39:20-21, Jer 32:41-42, Jer 29:11, Isaiah 55:11, Pro 3:6, Dan 6:18-28.
6. Develop/Build your relationship with God – Spend time in His Word; Renew your mind. Spend time in prayer. Wait on Him. Ask God for grace to seek Him daily in His word and in prayer so that our lives are in sync with Him.
Ps 1:2; Rom12:12; Rom 12:1-2; Col 3:1-3; Josh 1:8; Luke 18:1; Isa 40:31; Ps 37:3-4; Pro 3:5-6; 2 Tim 2:15;
7. Be Christlike. Walk in the Spirit. Bear fruit – As believers we need to be Christlike in everything we do. Ask the Lord for grace to be Christlike, to walk with the Holy Spirit and to bear fruit that glorifies His name.
Matt 5:16; Gal 5:22-23; Eph 5:1-2, Eph 4:22-24, 1 Cor 11:1; John 13:34-35; Titus 2:11-14
8. Seek Direction - Ask the Holy Spirit to show you the areas of self disciplines, self improvement or education you have to look forward to. Ask that your eyes and ears be opened to the sources and teachers you must embrace. Pro.12:1, Eccl 10:10
Repent - Repent of thoughts, ways and behaviors that are contrary to God’s expectation of you. Ask the Holy Spirit to search you for what may be unknown to you.
Ps 139:23-24, Matt 4:17, Rom 12:1-3, Hosea 14:1-2
9. Know His Will - Pray asking for guidance and direction leaning on your covenant relationship you have with the Lord. Ask with understanding knowing the Lord has plans for us and with us to accomplish His will and desire.
Jos 3:4, Matt 7:7, Jer 29:11-13
10. Gates - Pray opening doors the Lord has opened and closing those that He has closed, determine to walk into opened ones and walk away from the closed ones. Proclaim you will not miss either opportunity. Assign to this decade what the Lord puts into your heart and mouth.
Isa 22:22, Rev 3:8, Lam3:37, Psa 110:3, Job 38:12
11. Proclaim Prophecies - Using 1Kings3:7-9 as cue, take to the throne of God your promises, prophecies or inheritance requests. Place them before the Lord with the expectation to see and experience their fulfillment. Pray like your life depends on it.
Heb 4:16, Heb 11:6, John 15:5-8
12. Weaponize Peace - Call on the peace of God to fight for your. Tell the peace of God to crush Satan, to rule over your life and to guard the affairs of your life.
Matt 10:13, Rom 16:20, Phil 4:7, Col 3:15, Gal 5:22-23
FASTING GUIDE LINE
During this fast:
- 1. Be intentional about drawing closer to the Lord and seeking Him through His word. His word speaks the truth, empowers us and gives us hope.
- 2. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you study the precious truths given to you. Pay attention to the scripture and meditate on it day and night and it will do you good.
- 3. Receive both logos words and rhema words from the Lord as you fast and study the word.
- 4. Spend time magnifying the Lord with thanksgiving and songs of gratitude.
- 5. Rehearse your promises and prophecies daily.
- 6. Look out for those who you are to share the gospel with. Encourage them in the things of the kingdom.
- 7. Be intentional about your walk with the Lord. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you. Listen to Him and let him work through you. Write down the things He says to you.
- 8. During this fast believe God for any issue you are dealing with. Find a scripture that you can stand on to deal with every issue.
9. Drink water during your hours of fasting, especially if you are working.